Thursday, November 4, 2010

Getting to Know You....


Can you believe that it might possibly snow in the mountains of North Carolina today/tomorrow?!  After (what seemed like) 100 years of 90 degree weather, we’ve just skipped right over autumn and dove straight into winter…good thing I like snow!

I don’t have any EMF-FF’s for today but I do have a big homework assignment – I want to know what YOU would like to know about/from/concerning Maestro Gerard Schwarz.  The blog is a perfect place to feature a Q&A, so why not start with the man himself?  Later on I’d love to do Q&A’s with members of our faculty, staff, guest artists, young artists, and alumni.

So, here’s your assignment.  Via email (carrie@EasternMusicFestival.org), blog (see the “comment” section below), or Facebook (www.facebook.com/EMFGreensboro), send me up to two questions you would like Maestro Schwarz to answer.  Also, if there is someone you’d like to see included in the future, or something specific about EMF that you’d like to know, feel free to let me know that as well!

In the meantime…I’ll leave you with a photo from the 1970’s/1980’s (I’m not quite sure which…we’ll go with early 80’s).  Do you recognize the trumpet player in this photo? 
 

2 comments:

  1. I also thought that was Wynton Marsalis!

    Q's for the Maestro:
    With your great success elsewhere what brought you to Greensboro in the first place and what keeps you coming back?

    ReplyDelete