Friday, October 29, 2010

2010: A Technology Odyssey

Today is a great day at EMF…if you’re the Marketing Director, that is!  Thanks to UPS, our new Flip Video has arrived just in time for Eric Robertson’s Listening Room performance tomorrow night.  (At the UpStage Cabaret at Triad Stage, Tix: $10.  Call down there now and get your tickets!)

I have big plans for the Flip...recording audience feedback, student interviews, Q&A's with guest artists and conductors, faculty interviews and clips from our various performances.  I played around with it and uploaded a video of my office to my personal YouTube page and was shocked at how easy it was!  I literally plugged the Flip into the computer and clicked three buttons and ta da!  Video on YouTube.  For a 27 year old I'm slow with technology, but man even I can't mess that process up.  This is going to help you guys get closer connected to EMF throughout the season(s) - and hopefully you'll be able to learn more about our students and artists.

Tomorrow at Triad Stage don't be surprised to see me running around with this thing...despite being a practical marketing tool it's a really awesome gadget and I think it's going to be a fun one for the entire office.  When you see me with it, stop by and share with me what EMF means to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment