Thursday, November 11, 2010

YouTube...is Back :)

After some...frustrating months trying to figure out the old EMF YouTube login information, I finally decided it was a pointless and threw my hands in the air in defeat.  My history background doesn't let me stop mid-research without finding an answer - even if I have to 'make up' an answer - so I finally decided I'd just create an entirely new YouTube account and page.  By having the new camera, and in turn the new YouTube page, I will be able to upload clips of EMF performances, guest artists and more!  I am really excited about the possibilities...assuming I learn how to hold my hand still when filming (reminder to myself: buy a tri-pod).  In the meantime, you can check out the new video I posted of Eric Robertson's Listening Room performance on 10/30.  I also "Favorited" (I love how social media allows me to make up words...friended, favorited) the three videos our old account has posted.  And when I master Dreamweaver a little better, I can embed them in the website too :)

EMF's NEW YouTube Page
Until then check us out at EMFGreensboro!

Otherwise, things are moving along just fine over here at headquarters.  It's that part of the year when we're working on sponsors, advertisers and artists....and since I can't tell you guys anything about who is coming, I have to distract you with pretty and entertaining "fun facts."  YES to Samantha, that is Wynton Marsalis pictured in the photo from the last blog.  He was a student/young artist at EMF and later returned as guest artist.  More on Wynton in later blogs!

If you live in Greensboro, you may have checked out the Greensboro Opera's performance of Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) this past Saturday evening.  It was my first opera (well, aside from The Phantom of the Opera, of course!) and I really enjoyed it!  I took along five friends as well, only one of whom was proficient in "opera," and they also had a blast.  Minus the two noisy kids next to me, the performance was great; the Greensboro Symphony sounded amazing as well.  And I just heard that the movie theatre over at Friendly Shopping Center will be showing the MET HD Performances...I'll be featuring them in our Musical News as they arise, so no worries!  You'll be kept up-to-date!  Saturday, Nov 13th at 1pm they'll be showing Don Pasquale. 
 
Keep thinking about questions you'd like to ask Gerard Schwarz!  I know that more than two of you out there have questions you'd like him to answer...otherwise, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment